Saturday, February 20, 2010

February ride

I had plans for today. BIG plans. Get up early and head out for a ride. Ok, so not BIG plans, but I was looking forward to getting out. So what happens to my "BIG" plans? I woke up late. (I blame that squarely on being addicted to the Olympics, staying up late and watching sports that I wouldn't normally give a rats ass about.)  Due to a commitment at noon, my window for riding shrunk. On top of that, I looked outside and saw some fresh snow.

Not much incentive to ride.

It wasn't much snow, though. And I figured most of it would probably be melted by the time I hit the road. So I whipped my gear together and made it out the door around 9am.

Wake up!

My ride ended up being much shorter than I wanted, but it was my first February ride (not including commuting). I was faced with strong winds and at times, blowing snow. But that shit builds character, right??? Come summer time, when I'm complaining about riding in the rain on a 20 degree day, I'm supposed to think back about "those rides" I did in the winter.

My plan now is to get out for a ride every Saturday. Sundays aren't do-able since Lil' D has swim lessons in the late morning. But, if I start getting out for progressively longer rides on the weekends, I'll be ahead of where I was at this time last year.

2 comments:

  1. Get the trailer on the bike and take Dalia to her swim lessons under human power. Boom! Bike rides on Sundays!

    (I'm one to talk, I think I biked the girls to swim lessons a total of 2 or 3 times last year)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to wait a bit before I can do that, but once she's old enough, she'll practically be living in the trailer!

    ReplyDelete