Monday, October 19, 2009

80's Chick, the Poacher and a beer review. Part 2

Last post, I started talking about regulars I see on my commute, and I introduced you to "the Poacher". Now, I'm gonna introduce you to "80's Chick". This is someone that I see on quite a regular basis, and I always get a good chuckle when I see her. She comes strutting down Kilborn road, which is a long, straight road, so I can see her coming from pretty far away. She moves a certain way when she walks, swinging her arms out in front of her, and moving with quite an animated swagger. She sports a headband, sunglasses (even with the sun coming up later at this time of year), a baggy sweatshirt and leggings...straight out of the 80's.


 This isn't too far off from what "80's Chick" actually looks like.

80's chick is usually rockin' out to some tunes as she walks along. I'm just not sure if she's caught on to technology and mp3 players, or if she still listens to cassettes on her Sony Walkman. The way she moves when she's walking along, she looks like a woman on mission, so don't get in her way.

To finish up the other relevant part of the title of this post, here's another beer review. Now, probably the best beer I've ever tried is Innis & Gunn, a Scottish beer that's aged in oak casks to give it a pretty amazing flavour. I picked up a limited edition Innis & Gunn that had been aged in Canadian whiskey casks, to make a beer for Canada day 2009. Well, this is probably even better than the original. The box had a good description of the taste and aroma of the beer, but it got tossed out before I got a chance to write this up. Basically, there are hints of whiskey, oak, toffee and other great flavours. Of course, this was a limited edition beer and is no longer available, so there's no chance of tracking it down. But do yourself a favour and pick up a bottle of Innis & Gunn.


One damn fine beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment