Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Mid-Season Resolution...

...I need to ride MORE!!!!

Looking back on June, I only put in about 20 hours on the bike...an average of 5 hours a week. YIKES! How did that happen?!?!?? Well, there were a few rainy weekends, I was battling a stomach inflammation (which isn't completely resolved yet), and some moments where I just plain lacked motivation to ride.

So, with 3 and a half weeks to go until the Wilderness 101, I need to ride...A LOT! Problem now of course is this frikkin' heat. How do I get in enough hours to feel ready for a 160km mountain bike race without melting away in the heat? It's gonna be tough, but it's gotta get done somehow. If it means getting up an hour early to get in a quick ride (like I did this morning), then so be it. AND if it means riding in the heat after work tomorrow, well, I'm ready for it. I'll bring along extra water, to drink and to pour on myself. Hopefully I don't chicken out at the last minute!

No comments:

Post a Comment