Tuesday, July 13, 2010

To Perth and Back

Trying to find ways to fit riding around family time, I was happy with what I accomplished this past Saturday. Our (the fam's) plan was to go to our friend's cottage for the day, just off Big Rideau Lake, outside of Perth. So my plan was to ride to Perth and Sonia would meet me there with the car. We'd then drive the rest of the way to the cottage. In the evening, after a day of swimming and lounging, I did the same thing, but in reverse. From my house to Perth was 70km, which I managed to do in a little over 2 hours. The ride home was a little slower (that happens after a day in the sun), but I managed over 4 hours of riding, along with quality time spent with friends and family. (Doesn't that just make you feel all warm and fuzzy inside? :P)

A fun day of riding, swimming and lounging.

No comments:

Post a Comment