Sunday, November 14, 2010

Been a long time

Saturday afternoon, I did something that I haven't done in awhile...go mountain biking. On top of that, I went mountain biking with Sonia. It was the first time in two years that we've gone mountain biking together, and Sonia's first ride at Kanata Lakes in the same amount of time. Despite mentioning in my last post that I have a sore wrist and a lack movtivation to ride, 5 inches of travel definitely makes riding easier, and I've been wanting to go mountain biking for awhile, so the motivation was there. The riding was much needed...good for the soul...that type of thing. Much thanks has to go out to the in-laws who babysat while Sonia and I got out for the afternoon.

Sonia on rockhopper.

Barrelling down outback.

A pause for the cause.

Towards the end of the ride, no joke, about 1 minute from the trailhead, I took a massive spill. Near the trailhead it was wet and muddy, and I was riding through the middle of puddles rather than go around like countless others have (and have contributed in a negative way). I was thinking to myself, "Big Ring would be proud" and then all of a sudden my front wheel dipped dooooown into a puddle, hit a rock, and I ended up in one fine muddy mess. All I could do was laugh, 'cause in the end, it was a great day of riding...exactly what I needed.

 
Is time up on the season? (Yeah, I know, that was cheesy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment