Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Suffer-fest......

That's what I was expecting for tonight's ride, the B loop of the park. Why was I gonna suffer? I felt tired all day long, was in desperate need of an afternoon coffee, and could have fallen asleep at any time. On my way up to the park my legs felt heavy and the smallest hill made me pant....great!

At Gamelin, there were quite a few people out, which is normal for this ride the week of the Grand Prix. Everyone is out to test their legs one last time before the race. No racing for me this weekend...the idea of a road race doesn't get me excited right now, PLUS, a buddy of mine is in town this weekend, which means Friday night could be rough, which would pretty much make Saturday a write off.

So, the ride. Once it got underway, I felt pretty good, and at times, REALLY good, so much so that I even went off the front of the pack, not once, not twice, but THREE times! What the hell?!?!?! I NEVER do that! Huh! And every time, I managed to get back in with the group and keep riding without feeling totally spent. Crazy. I tried to contest the sprint at the end, but I wasn't in a good position, and when it comes to sprinting, well, let's be honest, I just plain suck.

It ended up being a pretty fast ride....just over 40km, riding time was 1:06, and average speed was 36.9 km/hr.

Now it's off to bed. ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....................

1 comment:

  1. My very first B loop I didn't get dropped... I got a flat! wah wawawa...

    ReplyDelete