Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Weekend family outing

On this hot, long weekend, I got out with the fam and put our latest bike accessory to use....a Burley D'Lite Trailer. It was time to initiate Lil' D into the world of biking.

Getting ready to go with the Burley D'Lite and Lil' D in tow.

It was the first time that I've ridden with a trailer, but it didn't take long to get use to it (the extra weight, that is!!). I could definitely feel the weight of trailer pushing me along or slowing me down. The other thing to get use to was spatial awareness of the trailer...it sits a little left of centre. I was pretty conscious of this while cruising along the bike paths, making sure that I stuck to the far right of the path. I used my Mendotta to haul the trailer, since it has a few components that makes it perfect for towing...it has a triple crank in case I hit some serious hills, and has cable pull disc brakes for a little extra oomph when slowing down. (After a few more outings I'll have a more detailed review of the trailer.)

A natural born cyclist...wanted Mom's water bottle instead of her sippy cup.

Chillin' at Kitchisippi Beach (even though it doesn't look like the beach from this pic, but trust me, it's there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment