Monday, November 30, 2009

Not so great expectations.



Last weekend, I had conjured up a crazy notion that I "might" race the last cross race of the year (yesterday). I had stated this notion out loud, which is apparently one of the ways to set goals...to verbalize them. However, in the space of the last week, not once did the thought of racing cross (no pun intended, really) my mind. And really, when it comes down to it, cross is about suffering, but having fun, too. I really didn't want to suffer, SUCK HARD, and not have fun.

So what did I do yesterday? I went out for a ride on my road bike.  I was humming and hawing over what route to ride. Head south and do a quick 40k ride? Do the Cyclelogik loop through Carp? Explore some new roads? I ended up heading out on the same route as the Cyclelogik loop, but turned around early because of time constraints more than anything else. Just over 50k (53 to be exact), and a not too sucky average speed, 29km/hr (29.1 to be exact). Looking at the forecast for the next little while, this will probably be the last road ride of the year. Not bad considering there's just 31 days left.


Elk at the "Elk Farm". Considering how often I ride by here, I don't think I've ever seen the elk out in there full glory.



Some of the local domestic life. 

I think that the season is definitely coming to a close. I'll commute as much as I can during the winter, so hopefully there will be enough fodder for the blog-o-sphere. Of course, there will be product reviews (bike and beer), and the odd lamentation about how riding on the trainer is driving me crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment