Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's snowshoe and 2009 mileage

New Year's day, got up at noon! WTF! It's not like I was out for an all-nighter polluting my body the way I did many moons ago (*sigh*, the memories of rave-tastic New Year's past). We (meaning the family) DID make it out past midnight, but then promptly came home and went to bed. But waking up at noon?!?!?!?! Oh well, might as well take advantage of the sleep when I can.
So, with the bit of fresh snow, we got out for a snowshoe on New Year's day. The good thing about snowshoeing is it's something we can do together during the winter with Lil' D (I'm now referring to my daughter as "Lil' D", 'cause it seems that everyone in blogger land refers to their children by nicknames). It was a short hike, just an hour, at some trails near our place. Funny thing is, I actually felt a little out of shape trudging through the snow, but I did have a little extra weight on me:


Lil' D along for the ride strapped to Dad.



 Purty picture by Sonia.

On another note, I figured out my 2009 mileage. I didn't get in any more commutes this year, due to the frickin' cold weather we had last week combined with Sonia not needing the car. So here's my tally for 2009:

Road bike: 4718 km
Commuter: 6270km
Mountain Bike: 940km*
Mendotta: 670km*
*These are approximate numbers.

Total: 12 597km. Might as well just round up to 12 600km.

So there you have it, 12 600km in 2009. In all honesty, I think that's about the same mileage that we put on our car this year. I don't think I'll hit the same numbers in 2010, (more on that in another post in a few days), but it should be a good year...I'm already looking ahead at what races I want to do (more on that in a few days, too), and I'll be getting some good resistance training in once I hook up a trailer to my bike, just in time for cross season (yes, I'm thinking that far ahead!!).

2 comments:

  1. I've got a "little" extra weight on me . . . wish I could say it was The Peanut!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yes, I was "fortunate" enough to see your belly smackin' on the trainer.

    ReplyDelete