Sunday, April 4, 2010

1 lousy picture?!?!?!?!?

Got out for 3 rides this long weekend, totalling 8 hours and 235kms, and what do have to show for it?!?!?!? One lousy picture!!!!
You'd have no idea from my crappy pic that there were 10 riders in front of me.

Actually, I got two more pics, but they're just as bad as the first so I'm not gonna even put them up. But how about this one:

 Everyone love pics of babies, right? Here's Lil' D just before I headed off Friday morning.

I FINALLY got out for a group ride on Friday. The plans were for a 170 km ride, but I knew I wouldn't be able to pull this off without having my head served to me on a plattter by my loving wife, so I knew from the get go I'd be in for a shorter ride. Shorter, however, still meant a 120km day, capped off with the last 40km being a time trial home so I wouldn't be TOO late. I hammered my way home, and within 35 minutes, I ran out of water. That left me with 45 minutes to go without water, and temps steadily increasing. Things were going ok, until I was about 15 mins out from home, I then I started to fade BIG TIME. I had a hard enough time keeping the pedals going, and the wind, which was strong and hot, was demoralizing. Add to that a feeling aof nausea, and I started to wonder if I was coming down with heat exhaustion. The only good thing was that when I got home, I looked like such a pile of crap that the wife took pity on me.

Also, on Friday I was excited to sport the new kit from Bushtukah. The new design is much better than the old one (IMO), and received a few compliments from others in the group. The other good thing is I can FINALLY ditch the two, stretched out, falling apart jerseys that I've been wearing for the past 4 seasons.

Out with the old.....

...in with the new!

No comments:

Post a Comment