Monday, March 15, 2010

Oh so lonely...

 The lonely road.

Saturday, I dusted off the road bike (pried it out of the trainer, actually), and got out for my first real road ride of the year. Man did it ever feel good...so much faster than what I have been used to for the last 4 months or so (fixie with a studded tire....SLOW). It was a solo ride...my schedule didn't match up with anyone else's, so I was off on my lonesome, to contemplate the upcoming season and what not. And the thing that I was contemplating......I REALLY need to ramp up the mileage. With all the nice weather we've been having, and hearing about all the riding that others are doing, I feel like I'm a little behind the 8 ball this year. Yes, it's early, and there's plenty of time to catch up, but that's the thing...I don't want to be playing catch up. Just have to cram in riding any way that I can, and if it means an extra long commute home or getting up extra early, then so be it.

 Shouldn't be too long before all this snow is gone.

1 comment:

  1. let me know when you're planning on going - new schedule i am pretty flexible.

    ReplyDelete