Friday, December 4, 2009

10 more....

10 more commutes. That's how many more commutes I need to get in this month/year to hit 200 commutes for the whole year. I've already passed my previous season high of 171 commutes from 2007, but I think that 200 would just be a nice round number to hit. Has a nicer ring to it than "one hundred and seventy one" or "one hundred and ninety nine"....."Two Hundred"
I have 16 work days left in December, so as long as it doesn't get too snowy, I think I'll be safe. One of the things that amazes me is that my current job is further away than any other job I've had. Round trip commute is 33km. If I hit 200, that's 6600km this year from commuting alone. Add in road bike, mountain bike and other bike mileage, and I should be somewhere between 12000 and 13000 km for the year. That's almost as much mileage as we've put on our car in the past year! Part of it has to do with the small amount of snow we got back in February and March. The lack of snowfall made for dry clear roads...perfect for getting those early season commutes in.
I'm also hoping to get in a ride this weekend, which would mark the latest non-commute I've ever done. Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment