Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Bring on winter riding

In my last post, I mentioned getting in some weekend riding. Well, last Saturday morning, I slept in 'till 11am. The thing about sleeping in that late is that it kind of kills all motivation. Looks like most of my riding for now will be relegated to this:


Looks inviting, doesn't it?

At least I can get a decent workout riding to work now that I've installed this bad boy:


Schwalbe Marathon Winter...A 2 pound tire = 4 pounds of rotating weight, plus it sounds like you're riding on velcro.

Last winter I rode with one winter tire on my bike, on the front wheel. It seemed to work well, although I had the occasional rear wheel slide or drift. I'm gonna stick to the same setup this year and see how I roll. For now, though, I need to get re-acquainted with how my bike handles in snow and ice. I'm thinking some riding sessions in a parking lot testing the limits of my bike's handling and cornering will be on the agenda this coming weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment